Commits


* make everything prettier (KNF) * OpenSMTPD is taken as an example here for prototypes * grooming these was a lot of hard work...


* this makes linux compile again (bad linux, bad bad bad)


RFC 1996 (DNS Notify) support, this couldn't be fully tested on IPv6 since I lack a master on IPv6. Tested on FreeBSD 10, OpenBSD 5.5


* add filtering capability, this is like recurse and will traverse a singly linked list everytime a connect or received packet is made. I'm hoping on revisiting this some day. Thanks to the guys that were abusing/scanning my dns server. * rename some variables around the queue(3) macros that I used for singly linked lists. They should have less confusing reuse of names. I did this in search for a bug that is possibly caused by OpenBSD-current which I currently use as my main developing workstation. * add a sample filter entry in example8.conf Tested to work on OpenBSD 5.5-stable


* reflect the year 2014 in the Copyright


* add a debug and verbose flag (-d and -v) * document these along with -r which is recursive mode, which is still broken * add a dolog() function which replaces syslog and printf. In debug mode messages will be printed in the foreground and with verbose option show the parsing logic of the configfile. * replace all syslog() with dolog() tested in debug mode on OpenBSD/amd64


* update my copyright to include the year 2013


* bump copyright to include 2012


* rudamentary IXFR support. Now bind9 doesn't need any options telling it to use only AXFR. Basically hardly any code change, we never increment change anyhow (yet) so we dump the entire zone when it's requested.


Change to berkeley db 4.6+, this allows us to use shared sysv memory needed to have multiple server instances that do recursing. The database is now on disk with this change, with a 260KB (default) SYSV shared memory cache. The cache size can be tweaked with the newly added -c flag. The OS has upper limits for SYSV shared memory though and the -c value must account for 25% more for internal purposes. Revert db.h struct domain to static arrays instead of pointers, this is necessary because we want to use shared memory between the database. This reverts revision 1.13 of db.h which was commited on Sun Mar 28 20:18:26 2010 UTC. So far wildcarddnsd has been extremely stable with the pointers, I'm hoping we'll get this much stability back. Added passive AXFR code. The axfr server does NOT bind to port 53 but rather another port, luckily that is configurable with other nameservers like BIND9. BIND nameservers wanting to make use of a wildcarddnsd master should turn IXFR queries off. Fix a small error that would bring wildcarddnsd to a SIGSEGV due to doing an FD_ISSET() on a non-descriptor. This only happens when one doesn't have the logging system turned on so it took a while for me to find it. Added the -n flag which allows multiple forked copies of wdnsd to be started. This is similar to how apache 1.3 web server does it.