Commit Briefs

pjp

Mac OS X support (tags/BETA_7)



pjp

* Mac OS X support from Mecca on Efnet. I tweaked this a little so that

it compiles against MacPorts Berkeley DB 4.8. Also I reflected the change in the README. compiles on Mac OS X does not run but could be due to sandboxing/ACL's? I could really need someone good with Mac OS X to look over this and fix it and send patches to me. -pjp




pjp

* It's August 14, 2012, I decided to leave sourceforge.net. Going to continue

on with a new alias "pjp".


pbug

* typo


pbug

* check ftok() for errors


pbug

* Add TTL support for IPv6. Before an IPv6 address would have a ttl of 0

at all times, well I finally put the code in. It compiles on OpenBSD and Linux and works on OpenBSD. Currently I can't get Linux to work with this and it'll take some time to debug this :-(. compiled and works on OpenBSD




pbug

* SRV RR support mention


pbug

* SRV RR support

The srv configfile sample would look like this: ; srv record test _sip._udp.centroid.eu,srv,3600,0,0,0,. The first three values after the TTL are in order, priority, weight and port followed by a domain name. Much of this code is based on reply_mx() so any bugs carried over would be carried over. Tested and compiled on OpenBSD/amd64



pbug

* in dns.h add a TSIG type, something on what's to come perhaps

* in parse.c fix a nasty bug that popped up on OpenBSD/macppc basically the ns and rp entries in the SOA were 0 due to an integer overflow in the parsing, this caused erroneous ANY packets and AXFR's which use the same code. compiles and tested on OpenBSD/macppc and OpenBSD/i386


pbug

* rudamentary IXFR support. Now bind9 doesn't need any options telling it

to use only AXFR. Basically hardly any code change, we never increment change anyhow (yet) so we dump the entire zone when it's requested.




pbug

* an fstat showed that the descriptors for the udp dgram sockets are

inherited with the AXFR engine. This is unwanted. So close these.





pbug

Change to berkeley db 4.6+, this allows us to use shared sysv memory needed

to have multiple server instances that do recursing. The database is now on disk with this change, with a 260KB (default) SYSV shared memory cache. The cache size can be tweaked with the newly added -c flag. The OS has upper limits for SYSV shared memory though and the -c value must account for 25% more for internal purposes. Revert db.h struct domain to static arrays instead of pointers, this is necessary because we want to use shared memory between the database. This reverts revision 1.13 of db.h which was commited on Sun Mar 28 20:18:26 2010 UTC. So far wildcarddnsd has been extremely stable with the pointers, I'm hoping we'll get this much stability back. Added passive AXFR code. The axfr server does NOT bind to port 53 but rather another port, luckily that is configurable with other nameservers like BIND9. BIND nameservers wanting to make use of a wildcarddnsd master should turn IXFR queries off. Fix a small error that would bring wildcarddnsd to a SIGSEGV due to doing an FD_ISSET() on a non-descriptor. This only happens when one doesn't have the logging system turned on so it took a while for me to find it. Added the -n flag which allows multiple forked copies of wdnsd to be started. This is similar to how apache 1.3 web server does it.


pbug

* updated TODO